Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Breaking Records


To give my place setting the finished look, I decided to bbuy a real record to break. It took a while for it to snap at first, but then I got into it giving a definite cracked look.



As an altenative placemat to a scruffy Geldof style fabric, I came up with the idea of using a calender. This way I could easily incorporate two big sections of Bob's life, his bands most famous song, "I Don't like Mondays" and the Live Aid concert. I did this by printing out the month of July from 1985 and circling the date of the concert, the 13th, and by scribbling out all the Mondays with a black permanent marker.

Another update I made to the design of my original prototype was with the cutlery. Instead of just cover the handles in "band aids", I decided to use the pinstripe material that I got my hands on, as a napkin to wrap around my cutlery. I then incorporated the band aid idea by using it to hold the napkin closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment